Monday, April 9, 2012

1950-something

On the last day of school before spring break, our school bus driver asked me if I had any big plans for spring break.  I answered we are having a 1950's vacation.  She looked at me, confused.  I explained, "they are going to play outside with friends, find sticks, and catch bugs."

As a family of the basketball season, this time of year is busy.  This isn't a take vacation time for us.  This is why we often travel in early October... training time!

I also view spring break as a time to relax and recharge.  Gear up for the end of the school year ahead of us, with no break time in sight.  In order to go to Arizona or Hawaii, like so many of my friends, I would need a vacation from the vacation!

So my kids spent the past week hanging with friends, climbing trees, watching t.v. (including the brutal Kansas loss), and playing video games.  Their highlights include going swimming, friends visiting, and eating too much take out.

Ahh... just the way I like it.

Kids today are too scheduled, with too many technologies.  I like to see my kids be... well, kids.  I like feral kids that run out their energy, using their creativity along the way.

Spring break successful.  Bring on the rest of the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment