Wednesday, November 9, 2011

How do you beat a liar?

As an adult, I've had my fair share of run ins with liars.  I've been accused, I've had conferences, I've tried to tell my side of the story to no avail.  What I've learned is that you just can't beat a liar.

The other thing I've learned is that karma is a bitch, and it will eventually prevail.  I can't stop the liar, but I have to stand with my head high, knowing they will get theirs in the end.

So how do you explain this to a kid?

My son is tangled in a messy situation with tattling and blame involved.  It's easy to dismiss that perhaps my child isn't telling me everything.  Perhaps he is doing bad things.  Enough time has passed, and enough stories conflict and lack any sense for me to know that it is not my child.  And for goodness sake... I hope he's smart enough not to commit the offences once he's under the microscope.

There seems to be a child that has it out for mine.  My child is being accused of being a bully.  Ironic, isn't it.

As an adult, I can sit back and wait for a person to eventually come to justice.  Maybe not in the situation with me, but eventually.  How can my poor ten year old comprehend this while his name is being dragged through the mud?  Where hormonal kids are emotional, hot and cold, and changing every single day?

How can I face my child's name being slandered and walk away?  His bright, clean record taking a blow.

I can take the high road.  I can take one for the team.  I can understand life isn't fair.  I can live with the knowledge that in the end, justice will triumph.

But now you're messing with my kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment