Monday, October 10, 2011

Things I love #5, aka Ode to the BFF

In seventh grade, I had to take choir.  Everyone had to take choir.  Don't even get me started on the injustice of taking a bunch of hormonally challenged, voice changing tweens and making them sing.  For grading, each student had to sing a solo or duet in front of the class.  Seriously, I can't make this stuff up.  Luckily, I found a friend that was just as bad a singer as me to duet with.  We have been dueting ever since.

Traci has been my best friend for 26 years.  Years full of adventure, boys, children, and heartache.  Through it all, she has been my rock, my soul mate, my confidant, and the best friend a girl could ask for.

My favorite thing about this scenario is knowing at any given time, any given moment, no matter what, there is someone out there that is my biggest fan. And I am her biggest fan.  Sure I have a husband, and he is my fan as well.  While I intend to hang onto him, there is magic in the phrase 'boys will come and go, but a best friend lasts forever.'

So on to the gushy part.  That's right, I haven't even done that yet!  Traci is wickedly smart, naturally beautiful, and hysterically funny.  She has a laugh that my parents have always called contagious, and I really do laugh more when I'm with her.  She turns every experience into an unforgettable adventure.  She is the strongest person I know and can overcome obstacles that amaze me.  She amazes me.

She is graduating from nursing school in December, and I couldn't be happier or more proud of her. 

My BFAAFNMW is truly a jewel.

No comments:

Post a Comment